Hexanaut.io is an HTML5 game that involves conquering territories. Players assume the roles of snakelike avatars and try to take over as much of the game board as possible. It is also a multiplayer game, so there are other players with the same goal you have. You can take over their tiles or the open ones on the board.
Gameplay involves occupying as many hexagonal tiles as possible using the tail of your avatar. Taking over enemy tiles and unoccupied tiles sounds like a foolproof strategy. Still, your chances of getting bitten by the enemy character are higher when you branch out to occupy taken territory. This translates into a loss for you, and it ends your game.
In Hexanaut.io, you win by taking over 20% of the map or more. It would be nice if the game ended here, but there’s an extra challenge. You must successfully guard your territory against the enemies for two minutes before you are crowned game winner. These two minutes decide your fate, as one slip can cause you to lose.
Hexanaut.io is a very strategic game; you must be careful when playing it. You can easily get destroyed by another player. You can even destroy your avatar all by yourself. That said, it’s not all bad. There are special items called totems scattered across the board for you. When you capture them, they provide you with extra bonuses.
Unique Features Of Hexanaut.io
Hexanaut.io’s unique gameplay is one of the things that make it so popular. Other features include:
- Dark and Light theme.
- Unique nickname.
- Badges to unlock.
- Free to play.
- It is a browser-based game.
- Your unique character has a snake tail and a head with colours you can customize.
- Totems (such as the slowing and speed totem) give you additional bonuses and special powers.
- Spy Towers will give you a view of the entire board using a minimap.
Games Similar To Hexanaut.io
We recommend the following games:
Tips On How To Play Hexanaut.io
Controlling your character is easy. Move the mouse, tap the screen in the direction of movement, or use the WASD alphabet keys to move your avatar. You can also access the virtual joystick option in the game’s settings. Here’s how to capture an area of the board:
- Draw a shape around a set of hexagonal tiles.
- Connect it to your territory to capture the hexagons.
- Protect the hexagons to maintain your territory size.
The difficult part is keeping control of 20% of the board. It is easier said than done. Every player tries to do the same thing, so you have enemies on every side. Here are some tips and tricks to guide you on your way to becoming a Hexanaut.io winner:
- Keep your eyes peeled for enemy characters and remain aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid your tail. Hexanaut.io’s game rules are similar to that of the popular Snake game. If your tail gets hit by another player or even you, you’re out of the game.
- Watch out for the upgrade tiles. These are designed to give you leverage by increasing speed, taking over hexagonal tiles, and other special moves.
Hexanaut.io is a chance to prove your gaming skills. You’ll have to combine strategic moves and utmost care to end up as the winner. It’s one of the more challenging .io games, but this does not mean it is no fun. Winning after all the challenges adds to the satisfaction of the game. How big an area can you conquer? Let’s see, shall we?